[Tagging] British term for municipal greenery?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 09:58:26 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

> On 5. Jun 2018, at 10:02, Peter Elderson <pelderson at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> E.g. replace landuse=village_green with landuse=decorative (defaut rendering=greenish) then add landcover=scrub|trees|bushes|sand|gravel as needed.

“decorative” is not a good name, if the intention is mapping only greenery. I would add a component or use a wording which makes it more specific, e.g. “greenery” or “verdure” or maybe “decorative_planting”?

If this was intended for all kind of decorative installations, maybe landuse=street_decoration? Although I would see these generally as elements (e.g. amenity or man_made) within a landuse like “highway”.

> If rendering of these landcover values could be foreseen in the near future, retagging can be expected and a lot of fake orchards, mini-forests and fak village_greens would disappear from Nederland.

If you want to see the landcover tag rendered, one of the most important things to do is use it wherever it can apply.

cheers,
Martin