[Tagging] about "landcover" as a top-level tag

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Wed Jun 6 12:52:59 UTC 2018

On 06/06/2018 13:37, Andy Townsend wrote:
> On 06/06/2018 11:48, Peter Elderson wrote:
>> This issue has a long history... seems to me tagging awaits
>> rendering, and rendering awaits tagging. In such cases, you need a
>> commitment from both sides, with enough support to fuel trust. Then
>> things can get rolling.
>
> Speaking as someone who both adds things to the map and maintains a
> map style, only the second of those is really true

I'll have to disagree here. I'm more than willing to use 'landcover' but
deterred as it's not render supported. As a mapper I want to see my
edits appear on maps. I see nothing wrong in that. I want to emphasis
I'm not 'tagging incorrectly to suit the render'. landuse=grass is a
valid tag.

Landcover /is/ well established. As you note, there is "The endless
debate" about it.

DaveF