[Tagging] Lifeguards

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 23:51:12 UTC 2018

On 09/06/18 09:37, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:

> On 8 June 2018 at 21:01, <osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au
> <mailto:osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au>> wrote:
>
>     I agree that the 5 different values shown on the wiki describe
>     distinctly different things and should all be retained.

At Bondi and other places they have a permanent building ... arr here it is
Way: 448038498
   Tags:
     "emergency"="lifeguard_base"
     "source"="survey"
     "source:geometry"="NSW LPI Imagery"
     "building"="hut"

> Our lifeguards do sit in their 4wd cars on the beach every day, but
> they can position themselves anywhere over a several 00 m stretch,
> depending on beach & surf conditions, & where the safest swimming spot
> is that day, so they couldn't be mapped as a lifeguard=place.
Obviously not .. too mobile. Do they have a 'club house'? I'd map that.
It would be a place to go and get help if you could not see anything else.