[Tagging] emergency=fire_alarm_box

osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au
Mon Jun 11 05:29:46 UTC 2018

I noticed there are also 24 uses of emergency=fire_callbox, which I assume
is something similar. And, surprising, just 1 uses of a more generic
fire_alarm.

I'm not sure if there really is an important enough distinction between a
fire alarm box and a fire alarm as you find them inside buildings and it
might be worthwhile to just merge all 3 tags into a single
emergency=fire_alarm. If necessary a subtag fire_alarm=* could be added.

On a remotely related note, while looking through taginfo, I was surprised
that emergency=stop_button has only 2 uses and there don't seem to be any
other values to tag something of that nature.

On Wikipedia it's documented at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kill_switch

A tag for this would certainly be useful e.g. for petrol stations to mark
the location of the emergency stop button for the pumps.