[Tagging] emergency=fire_alarm_box

osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au
Mon Jun 11 05:36:03 UTC 2018

Just because something “can be found just about anywhere” isn’t really a valid argument for not mapping it.

If someone is doing detailed indoor mapping of building and wants to map emergency features, the location of fire alarms is certainly something I would consider to be worthwhile mapping.

Also, when someone is looking for a fire alarm, I don’t think it really matters if it’s fire alarm box nailed to a pole on the street or one of these small ones you find inside buildings. Either one will get the fire fighters informed and into roughly the right location.