[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Sauna

Max abonnements at revolwear.com
Mon Jun 11 09:17:28 UTC 2018

Great idea to make the sauna key more useful. But it should be looked at
in more detail and with less of a Finnish bias. :)

Some questions that the tag should address:

1. How to tag a place which has several individual saunas?
1b. What about other sauna related amenities like cold pools (how
cold?), whirlpools, hot tubs (how hot?)... Ice buckets, etc.
2. What's the method of heating: Wood, electricity...
3. What's the designated temperature in that sauna?
4. Are occupants allowed to handle the löyly themselves or is only staff
allowed to do that? At what times do they (often Saunas have löyly at
the full hour/ half hour, etc)
5. how many people fit inside?
6. how to tag the opening hours if they are different for men/women/mixed?
7. is clothing allowed?
8. There ara also other types of saunas in the world that might have
their particularities. 찜질방 in Korea come to my mind, where you can
actually spend as much time as you want and even stay overnight. The
very traditional types are basically a kiln and have a fire burning
inside for a day and then the ashea are brushed out and the walls
radiate the heat for another day.

Then there are countries where the word sauna is just a synonym for a
place where people fuck, like it is in France. Might lead to odd
situations if those are confused.

Some of these things on the list may indeed be concluded from the
country specific customs, but a map and tagging scheme should at least
consider them

m.