[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Sauna

Jyri-Petteri Paloposki jyri-petteri.paloposki at iki.fi
Tue Jun 12 08:43:31 UTC 2018

On 11.06.2018 10:29, Rory McCann wrote:
> I suggest adding `sauna=gay`, for a gay bathhouse. "gay" is a
> simplification since many men who have sex with men visit them (not just
> gay men). `sauna=msm` sounds clinical and might be not obvious to data
> users.
>
> In some countries (like Germany) saunas are always naked, in others
> (e.g. Ireland) that is definitely not the case, you're expected to wear
> your swimsuit). I don't know if that's worth tagging or if data users
> should just deduce it from the country.

Thanks for the suggestion!

IMO this fits better as a separate amenity tag, with the sauna=* tag
only specifying what kind of saunas the amenity has – steam, dry etc. In
the wiki discussion I noted that there's a used (though undocumented)
tag brothel:saunaclub, which to me sounds a bit similar but might still
not be correct. Nevertheless I think this doesn't really fit with the
suggested tag, but needs to be a separate amenity tag.

Best regards,
--
Jyri-Petteri Paloposki