[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Lounges

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Mon Jun 11 14:12:49 UTC 2018

On 10 June 2018 14:26:06 BST, ael <law_ence.dev at ntlworld.com> wrote:
>On Sun, Jun 10, 2018 at 01:16:53PM +0100, Paul Allen wrote:
>> On Sun, Jun 10, 2018 at 12:40 PM, Yves <yvecai at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > I don't necessarily want to get rid of the word lounge, but an
>> > amenity=airport_lounge leaves very little doubt about what it is.
>> >

>> Actually, it does leave doubt.
>> Waiting room, however, is EXACTLY what you want to describe.
>Hospitals and
>> doctors' surgeries have waiting rooms.
>> So do train stations and bus stations.
>>
>> I am firmly, solidly and unswervingly opposed to "lounge" for this
>proposal.
>
>+1
>
>In British English, a lounge first and foremost is a room in a private
>dwelling. Other uses have "leaked in" from other dialets and while now
>fairly well understood in a limited number of contexts, they are still
>unnatural.

Lounge is very much used in British English to describe the posh carpeted room in a pub.

I can remember when prices were higher in the lounge than they were in the bar.

Usage of lounge in a house will depend where you are from, in my experience living room is more common along with sitting room.

Phil (trigpoint)