[Tagging] emergency=fire_alarm_box

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 15:00:23 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 3:50 PM, <osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au> wrote:

> And many other places, yes… that’s why I was surprised to see that
> emergency=stop_button has only been used a single time worldwide and there
> don’t seem to be any other similar values in the emergency key.

The thing about emergency stop buttons is that they tend to be highly
visible, in obvious locations, and there are
often big signs. You shouldn't need a map to help you find one because
they're for rapid use in an emergency.

Maybe for petrol stations it's a good idea, if there's only one such button
for all the pumps.  But even then you're
not going to look at a map to find it, you'll look for the sign.

So I'm not surprised they haven't been mapped very often.

--
Paul