[Tagging] I can't support transit:lanes

osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au
Mon Jun 11 15:19:47 UTC 2018

From: Bryan Housel <bhousel at gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, 12 June 2018 01:12
To: osm-tagging <tagging at openstreetmap.org>
Subject: Re: [Tagging] I can't support transit:lanes

I’ve already written plenty of code to deal with turn restrictions.  There are lots of rules for splitting and joining things to other things depending on where the via node is.

If you are curious, here is a recent commit where I tried to improve iD’s handling of this.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/commit/87841fc4035c7de9e0f58ca50f05f65723ad5226

In other words if this new relation works like a turn restriction, it’s already mostly supported… Otherwise expect basic editing (like splits, joins, connections) to break it.

You are seriously telling me that if you have two ways that share a node, you are unable to figure out what that node is without having it explicitly listed as a totally redundant member of the relation?