[Tagging] I can't support transit:lanes

Bryan Housel bhousel at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 15:37:37 UTC 2018

> You are seriously telling me that if you have two ways that share a node, you are unable to figure out what that node is without having it explicitly listed as a totally redundant member of the relation?

Yes - do you think the via node in a turn restriction is also redundant?  It helps me a lot to know whether node joins are allowed around there, or whether something will break.

Again see
https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/commit/87841fc4035c7de9e0f58ca50f05f65723ad5226 <https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/commit/87841fc4035c7de9e0f58ca50f05f65723ad5226>
and
https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/issues/4921 <https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/issues/4921>
for some situations where it’s super helpful to prevent a user from doing things to the via node.

Thanks, Bryan