[Tagging] I can't support transit:lanes

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Mon Jun 11 21:02:42 UTC 2018

On Sun, Jun 10, 2018, 23:43 Bryan Housel <bhousel at gmail.com> wrote:

> The only way I’ll be able to support lane transitions would be as a
> relation that has similar semantics to turn restrictions.. from/via/to.
> Keep it simple (no multi via ways please).  This is already an understood
> way of tagging things that connect 2 ways.

Driveway in the middle of a lane transition with turn restrictions.  What
now?

 (could you imagine if we tagged turn restrictions as  maybe-a-relation or
> maybe-a-way-tag ?? nope!)

Yes, because we have that exact situation because we refused to kill off
the route=road refs on constituent ways dinosaur.  Your point of it being
bad stands, however.