[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Lounges

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 21:37:59 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

On 11. Jun 2018, at 23:08, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:

>> On 10. Jun 2018, at 13:28, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> If proposed as amenity=waiting_room I'd vote for it.  If proposed as amenity=lounge I'd vote against it.
>

> +1

taking it back, sorry. We could probably have all three, waiting room/area and lounge.

Maybe waiting_lounge? airport lounge has the disadvantage that it doesn’t cover the same concept in train stations. Unlike airports it is not common there, but some (major) train stations have those lounges, usually access is limited (e.g. first class ticket, or some kind of membership in a frequent client program).

While I agree that lounge alone can be ambiguous, the qualifier ideally should not be repeating the context but describe the concept, -0.6 to airport_lounge.

cheers,
Martin