[Tagging] The endless debate about "landcover" as a top-level tag

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 10:25:39 UTC 2018

and from "maintained or managed woodland", to any group of trees,
because after all, trees on a community square, in a park and in a
garden are managed as well. At least that is an argument I have heard
before.
As soon as you start representing trees in a garden as landuse=forest
only because the trees are maintained, don't you drop the woodland
part (and thus landuse) and start using the tag as a landcover ?
Aren't you mapping for the renderer then ?