[Tagging] Unresolved notes

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 22:51:30 UTC 2018

On 17 June 2018 at 18:00, Anton Klim <tohaklim at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Graeme,
>
> Are you positive the notes were not there previously? Some of them are
> fairly old, and should’ve definitely been in the Notes layer of osm.org
> (which is optional).
> Notes can sometimes be placed by people thinking it’s a personal note only
> visible to themselves. They also won’t appear in iD/won’t actively
> highlight the feature they refer to, so some mind bending might be
> required. E.g the last one, I’m guessing no speed limit was set on the road
> when the note was added.
>
> Anton

Hi Anton

Quite definitely weren't visible as a couple of them appeared within a few
00 m's of my home location, which is something you definitely notice! When
I've just looked, the "Notes" layer is ticked which is why they're now
visible - don't know if I managed to tick it in error, or if an update of
some sort now set's it to visible as standard?

Guessed the speed limit ones were related to no / wrong limits so wasn't
worried about them - I copied a wrong link showing what I was talking
about.

If they're not in iD, how do you fix them? I've resolved a couple & they're
now showing as green ticks rather than red exclamation marks, but how do
you make them disappear? Or is that something that only the originator can
do?

Thanks

Graeme