[Tagging] emergency=lifeguard

osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au
Mon Jun 18 06:24:22 UTC 2018

From: Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefitz1 at gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, 18 June 2018 16:01
To: Tag discussion, strategy and related tools <tagging at openstreetmap.org>
Subject: Re: [Tagging] emergency=lifeguard

while some show a shape in one image, but other's, possibly during the northern winter, show an empty deserted beach.

I would consider lifeguard=place to be still acceptable for these if there is some defined time when a lifeguard is present. Maybe specified with a seasonal tag or opening_hours (e.g. only on weekends or something like that).

Maybe the wiki's need to be modified (consolidated?) to emphasize that "lifeguard" refers to rescue of swimmers in the water?

I didn’t check it out myself, but, based on what you wrote, probably. Also, probably means that it’s not a good idea to just do a mechanical edit from the current tags to the new ones without reviewing all of them.

Cheers,

Thorsten