[Tagging] emergency=lifeguard

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 11:28:30 UTC 2018

> Do we have any tagging scheme for “an area in which it is likely for a
>> lifeguard to be”? I’m not sure if simply tagging an area with
>> emergency=lifeguard lifeguard=place is appropriate for that.
>>

> supervised <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:supervised>=* to
> indicate if the beach has a lifeguard (yes, no, interval - in the format
> of opening_hours <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:opening_hours>=*
> ) https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:natural%3Dbeach

there are different kind of "supervision" on beaches possible: supervision
that the equipment at the beach is fine (including for example chairs,
umbrellas, sport pitches), or lifeguards who do not control the beach but
the water in front of the beach, and do only check for people endangered by
the water, not for things that might be damaged. The supervision tag
definition is not clear on this (or if you read it literally, is not
applying unambiguously well to lifeguards).

Cheers,
Martin