[Tagging] emergency=lifeguard

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 06:52:24 UTC 2018

On 19 June 2018 at 08:34, Tod Fitch <tod at fitchdesign.com> wrote:

> Might want to check if there is some sort of tag indicating seasonal
> before removing from the map.
>
> On the beach near me many of the lifeguard structures are built on what
> amounts to a sledge and are dragged to storage at the end of the summer
> season. In summer they are placed in the same locations each year, if
> nothing else so that the communications and power connections don’t need to
> be relaid. But even if they don’t need power and communications, the
> visitor use patterns remain fairly constant so the location of lifeguard
> stations/towers/structures remains fairly constant.
>
> In any even, depending on the season the aerial imagery was taken you may
> see only an empty stretch of beach. Or you may see what looks like a small
> building from above.

Thanks Tod - sorry, I missed your post earlier.

I haven't seen any seasonal tags on any of the stations I've looked at so
far.

A portable tower that get's put away over Winter then goes back in the same
spot next year is a new one on me, but could well explain some of the shots
that appear to show a structure, which then isn't there in other shots.
What area are you in?