[Tagging] public_transport=platform rendering on osm-carto

marc marc marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 19 15:13:36 UTC 2018

Le 19. 06. 18 à 16:30, Daniel Koć a écrit :
> I realized that highway=platform is not only marked on wiki as much less
> popular, but is also really 10 times less popular in the database.

and for 93 906 highway=platform, 84 031 already have
public_transport=platform
https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/highway=platform#combinations

this is a subject where it is very difficult to progress,
so I advise to do this in 2 steps:
check and add missing public_transport=plateform on highway=platform
and for osm-carto add a rendering of public_transport=plateform
from what I see, the only use of this tag is to have the missing
rendering on PTv2
During this period it will be possible for everybody to express whether
they see a difference between highway=plateform and
public_transport=plateform.

Previous experiences have shown that it is better not to talk right away
about depreciating a tag until you have a "complete&better" alternative

Regards,
Marc