[Tagging] public_transport=platform rendering on osm-carto

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Tue Jun 19 14:30:26 UTC 2018

Hi,

When discussing rendering public_transport=platform on default OSM.org
map style (osm-carto):

https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/pull/3232

I realized that highway=platform is not only marked on wiki as much less
popular, but is also really 10 times less popular in the database. The
same is true for railway=platform. Moreover this is true for years,
before even osm-carto was created!

I think it's good to make a rendering shift then and drop both old
schemes in favor of the public_transport=platform, with some grace
period to not make anything in a hurry and allow smooth migration for
the whole ecosystem. That might include deprecating message on both wiki
pages to make things more clear.

Any comments on that?

--
"My method is uncertain/ It's a mess but it's working" [F. Apple]