[Tagging] public_transport=platform rendering on osm-carto

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 08:26:35 UTC 2018

> You forgot to mention that  PTv2 complicates tagging
>
> and processing by requiring to add also bus=yes.
>

> As I do not like entering two tags where one fits well I continue
>
> and will continue and want to continue mapping bus stops
>
> solely as highway=bust_stop.
>

> bu stop is also not some obscure object what would justify
>
> complicating its tagging.

On the highway? or beside it? If beside it, I agree with you. When I add
your bus stops to a route relation using JOSM, they get a stop role though.
No biggie. But that was the reason why I started adding those
public_transport=platform tags to them, or at least that's why I continued
to do so.

Polyglot