[Tagging] drop covered=booth?

Bryan Housel bhousel at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 22:55:20 UTC 2018

> On Jun 23, 2018, at 6:00 PM, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> We’re not adding `booth=yes` to all phones.  Just the ones that
>> - don’t already have a `booth=*` tag and
>
> That is not right. If they don't have a booth=* tag then don't think that these all have a booth.
> So I would not add a tag here that maybe wrong.
>
>> - do have a `covered=booth` tag
>
> This is correct .. they have a booth so adding booth=yes is correct.

It sounds like you are very confused.

I’ll try again.

The only features I’m modifying have the tags `amenity=telephone` and `covered=booth`.
I will change `covered=booth` to `covered=yes`
I will add a tag `booth=yes` but only if there is not already an existing `booth*` tag.

The reason I’m doing this is so that we can offer users a `covered` checkbox for the telephone preset in iD.
This checkbox really wants to assign values like `yes` and `no` -- not `booth`.
Make sense?

Thanks, Bryan