[Tagging] emergency=first_aid

Bryan Housel bhousel at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 23:06:23 UTC 2018

> Err .. proposals can be for anything, including sub tags. There should be more of it.
> Things like the sub tag 'sales' under motorcycle shops could have been avoided if that had come to the tagging group.

I would never waste people’s time by writing a proposal for something so simple as a first aid kit.
Notifying the tagging list seems like more than enough process for introducing a new tag.

> Something? If that something is poor then is is not an accomplishment.

You are calling my work poor?  Improve it then.
We’ve been talking about this tag for over a week.

> The value of 'first_aid' could be applied to a 'first aid room' ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_aid_room <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_aid_room>'

The tag is for first aid kits, not rooms.

Yes, same as emergency=defibrillator <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:emergency=defibrillator>  - they are portable but generally attached to walls.

> 73 is not a status of  'in use' !!!!

So change what it says.

Thanks ,Bryan