[Tagging] emergency=first_aid

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 23:30:07 UTC 2018

On 24/06/18 09:06, Bryan Housel wrote:
>> Err .. proposals can be for anything, including sub tags. There
>> should be more of it.
>> Things like the sub tag 'sales' under motorcycle shops could have
>> been avoided if that had come to the tagging group.
>
> I would never waste people’s time by writing a proposal for something
> so simple as a first aid kit.
> Notifying the tagging list seems like more than enough process for
> introducing a new tag.
>

>> Something? If that something is poor then is is not an accomplishment.
>
> You are calling my work poor?  Improve it then.
> We’ve been talking about this tag for over a week.

The proposal process requires at least 2 weeks of comment, followed by
at least 2 weeks of voting.
Your time scale is a little off for the tagging group.
When I arrived here there were proposals that had been sitting for
years. Years.
I was told off for closing my proposals comment period after 2 weeks ...
this group likes to take time and lots of it.

>> The value of 'first_aid' could be applied to a 'first aid room' ...
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_aid_room'
>
> The tag is for first aid kits, not rooms.
The value does not imply that. It simply says 'first aid' .. and that
can be taken in many ways ..
and misapplied despite whatever the wiki page says. See landuse=grass
for an example.

>> Most kits are portable, many of them are designed to be portable. are
>> these included? No information on the OSMwiki page.
>
> Yes, same as emergency=defibrillator
> <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:emergency=defibrillator>  -
> they are portable but generally attached to walls.
>

>> 73 is not a status of  'in use' !!!!
>
> So change what it says.

And get into an edit war? No thanks.
Would you object if I changed the page to emergency=first_aid_kit for
example??