[Tagging] tower:type=suspension

osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au
Sun Jun 24 09:21:38 UTC 2018

I was more thinking about the possibility of mapping above ground phone/data cables. Not sure if any of them are strung on what could be considered a “tower” or if it’s always a “pole”…

So while there currently is primarily a power=tower + tower:type=*

I could see something like telecom=tower + tower:type=* also showing up at some point.

And to keep the possibility open that other types of “towers that hold cables up” are defined in the future, I don’t think tower:type=suspension should automatically imply power=tower if not explicitly tagged as such.