[Tagging] tower:type=suspension

François Lacombe fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 11:15:52 UTC 2018

Hi all,

tower:type=suspension means that conductors or lines (not specific to
power) are just linked by vertical insulator.
Like this : https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:Einebenenmast.jpg

It is opposed to tower:type=anchor which means that conductors or lines are
stopped on the tower
Like this :
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:Verdrillmast_Oberwoehr.jpg

It is documented here for now, but would deserve a specific wiki page
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:power%3Dtower#Tower_type

As the use of ":type" is a poor idea and this may not be specific to tower
or power, I think about a support:function key to make things clear.
We do have poles with anchor, suspension or line termination, for power or
telecom wires also.
support:function is consistent with support=* used to define any kind of
support (pole, pedestal, wall...) for a particular feature.

Finally this would be a useful split with values like
tower:type=communication which doesn't deal with line attachment at all

How do you fell ?

François