[Tagging] drop covered=booth?

Craig Wallace craigw84+osm at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 10:51:59 UTC 2018

On 2018-06-18 21:00, Bryan Housel wrote:
> *Proposal:*
> I’d like to drop `covered=booth` as a suggested tag, as it’s
> superfluous.  If the telephone feature has `booth=yes` or `booth=K6`
> you know it’s a booth.  Then we’re not repurposing the `covered=*` for
> a thing that it doesn’t normally do in other situations and isn’t
> documented on the main `covered` page.
>
> Thoughts?
Booth is a rubbish name for a tag. It is an obscure, American term. Many
things could be a booth, eg a shop, or a photo booth, or a ticket booth.
In UK English, it is a "telephone box". If you want to tag a telephone
box, why not a tag for man_made=telephone_box?

It actually tells you what it is. You can add extra tags for the
specific style or model if you care about that.

Craig