[Tagging] PTv1 <> PTv2

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 23:23:02 UTC 2018

> Hello,
>
> Le 22. 06. 18 à 15:37, Martin Koppenhoefer a écrit :
> > is there a benefit from it?
>
> try to map a multimodal station bus+train+tram
> with one building + one platform with PTv1
> the extend for the station is not the same for a bus and a train
> for some ppl, the plafform must not be mapped with the same objet
> for the rail (a way) and for a bus (a node only)
> so for one "passenger waiting area", sometime osm have 2 objets

yes, a bus stop and a railway platform. For me it looks ok to have 2 object
in this case.
The so-called "multimodel station" (one object) really is just different
ways of transport at some kind of interchange (several objects from this
point of view).

I was not questioning PTv2 completely, for example I am not against stop
area / stop area group relations, but there is no need to change the
tagging of 2 million bus stops nor have I ever missed a possibility to map
a bus stop and a train platform on the same object.

> try to make a blind routing to a bus stop with PTv1
> in some country, routing to the highway=bus_stop is fine,
> because it's where ppl wait before jumping into the vehicule
> in some country, it's wrong, the highway=bus_stop in the stop_position
> part of the highway=* for the vehicule, not for the passenger.

yes, bus stops on the highway are an issue, but while this was wide spread
years ago, it seems to have become relatively rare now.

Cheers,
Martin