[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - leisure=racetrack

Lorenzo Mastrogiacomi lomastrolo at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 00:05:53 UTC 2018

Il giorno dom, 24/06/2018 alle 21.15 +0200, Martin Koppenhoefer ha
scritto:

> these are all sports "properties" that need to be combined with a tag
> describing the physical object, if we introduce a specific leisure
> value for racing facilities, it could make sense to include other
> racing as well (velodromes, ...).
>
> I also believe there is some potential for confusion between
> racetrack (intended for facility) and raceway (intended for the
> actual track/"highway")). What about leisure=racing_facility ? Makes
> it clearer (could also be useful for indoor? Is there something for
> indoor cart racing?).
> If you really want to restrict the use of the tag for motor racing
> places, I suggest you add the term "motor" in the tag (e.g.
> leisure=motor_racing_facility).
>
> Cheers,
> Martin

Yes, I know about indoor karting too.

Trying to define a common schema, a first distinction could be made by
method of propulsion. motor is covered by the current proposal and
animal seems quite similar to be included, as for the others I'm not
sure.

SPORT			PROPULSION

motor			motor
karting			motor