[Tagging] shop=discount

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 22:14:33 UTC 2018

On Tue, 26 Jun 2018 at 02:49, Tod Fitch <tod at fitchdesign.com> wrote:

> So it is shop=convenience that is selling “from the pallet” and is likely
>> to be a cheaper?
>>

> In my area convenience stores are relatively small with a limited choice
> of products with the defining feature being that they are open more hours
> than a typical store, often open 24x7.
>
> Usually the prices are higher at a convenience store, not lower.

My view would be that "cheaper" supermarkets eg Aldi would still be a
shop=supermarket

shop=convenience is a smaller supermarket, usually with longer opening
hours, but also more expensive than full size supermarkets. They are the
proverbial "corner store". I think 7/11 is a worldwide example?

To my mind, =discount & =variety are exactly the same shops. While =variety
has a full article, I'd personally think that they should both be called
=discount.