[Tagging] shop=discount

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 08:44:08 UTC 2018

> In my area convenience stores are relatively small with a limited choice
> of products with the defining feature being that they are open more hours
> than a typical store, often open 24x7.
>
> Usually the prices are higher at a convenience store, not lower.

convenience stores are always small, otherwise they are called supermarket.
discounters will not be open 24x7, usually they tend to have restrictive
opening hours to keep prices low.
Here's the self description of some (originally German) dicounter stores
and their leading principles:
https://www.aldi.us/en/new-to-aldi/shopping-at-aldi/
https://www.lidl.com/about-us

Other discount stores include: