[Tagging] shop=discount

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 16:22:07 UTC 2018

> I'd categorize Toys "R" Us as a toy store and Staples as an office supply
> store.  As somebody else said in this
> thread, we shouldn't be tagging shops differently because their prices are
> lower.

the lower price comes at a cost.

>  "Today I want to buy something, ANYTHING, at a discount but I can't decide
> whether to go to Toys "R" Us or Staples."  Doesn't happen.

indeed. looks as if this would better a property, e.g. shop=supermarket,
discounter=yes

You could also use this information also the other way round: get me all x
around me, but not those with discounter=not no
To me it seems useful. Better question is verifiability, but for the
objects I have in mind, they state it themselves.

could also be applied to electronic shops and probably to any kind of shop
selling goods.

I've set up a propsal, please comment:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/discounter

Cheers,