[Tagging] shop=discount

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 22:36:06 UTC 2018

> <mailto:matkoniecz at tutanota.com>>:
>
>     26. Jun 2018 15:53 by pla16021 at gmail.com <mailto:pla16021 at gmail.com>:
>
>         Again, I have to say that in the UK people think of Aldi and
>         Lidl as supermarkets.  Cheaper, different brands, but in
>         the same mental category as Tesco and Safeway.
>
>     The same in Poland.

In Australia too they are thought of as supermarkets.

> there are clearly verifiable differences, e.g. you cannot buy anything
> truely "fresh" at Aldi or Lidl, there might be a very small selection
> of fruit and vegetable, but they won't have fish or meat or cheese
> other than prepackaged and/or frozen. You will typically not get any
> really good beer, quality might be decent but they don't have the
> upper end quality (and maybe not even the low end), the extremely
> reduced variety is also observable, as is the presentation style (in
> boxes, not individually, etc.).

The quality, variety and costs of the products and produce is not
something that OSM has tagged, indeed there is opposition to adding tags
as to what stores sell. I would think the quality and costs would have
even more opposition.

So I think at best this is a sub tag ... and I won't be using it ever.
Much too subjective.