[Tagging] shop=discount

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 23:52:06 UTC 2018

On 27/06/18 08:42, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:

> On 27 June 2018 at 02:22, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com
> <mailto:dieterdreist at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     I've set up a propsal, please comment:
>     https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/discounter
>     <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/discounter>
>

> Sorry Martin, but to me at least, that proposal doesn't really say
> anything?
>
> Couldn't /any/ shop become a discounter, just by hanging a sign out
> the front "50% off everything in store"?
>
> & the Wiki page doesn't  help matters at all?
>
> The 4 examples they list for Australia are a main-stream supermarket &
> the 3 biggest department stores in the country!

+1

Here is an Australian discount shop
https://www.discountpartywarehouse.com.au/
It does sell food .. of a sort.

And the wikipedia list of UK discount shops does not include Aldi nor
Lidi .. so the wikipedia does not support the statements made here ..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_discount_shops_in_the_United_Kingdom