[Tagging] Canoe route

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 17:48:30 UTC 2018

On Sat, Jun 30, 2018 at 6:22 PM, Dave Swarthout <daveswarthout at gmail.com>
wrote:

> A closer look at some similar relations (thanks, Kevin) indicates others
> have had the same issue and resolved it in various ways. One person left
> the water-crossing ways untagged, as I did, another used waterway=river to
> mark them, another used route=ferry (both incorrect for my situation).

Untagged is undesirable.  Could be anything.  Footpath in an area prone to
heave flooding.  Ley line.  Anything. :)

Waterway=river is just plain wrong.

Route=ferry is also wrong, but not quite as wrong as the others.  It's a
step in the right direction.  As the old joke goes,
now we're just haggling over money.

Route=canoe is the right way to go, I think.  It may not render at present
(I haven't checked) but the carto guys may
decide to render it at some point in the future.  Factors in the decision
will be how often it is used and if it serves a
useful purpose.

--
Paul