[Tagging] Canoe route

Yves yvecai at mailbox.org
Sat Jun 30 21:15:40 UTC 2018

There is a way to avoid tagging the way with the route tag:

 whitewater:section_grade=0

See https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Whitewater_sports#Grades

I consent your canoe practice on a lake is perhaps far from 'whitewater' practice, but grade 0 describes a lake perfectly. And if the route follows a river with grade 1, then map it as such.
Yves