[Tagging] Attendant on amenity=fuel

osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au
Sat Mar 31 22:48:48 UTC 2018

There is also an automated key mentioned on the wiki.

This applies mostly to self_service I would guess, and I assumed automated=yes indicates that you can pay at the pump.

I didn’t mention the following because taginfo showed that it’s not used and there pretty surely is no software support for them yet, but I agree with marc that it would make sense to extend the allowed values from yes/no.

I think two additional values would make sense: only (=yes, and only this) and optional (=yes, but alternatives exist). They are basically both more specific versions of “yes”.

If we are not going to define completely new keys, I would suggest keeping both self_service and full_service, but with the extended values you can get away with only defining one of the two.

e.g.

self_service=optional (implies full_service=optional)

full_service=only (implies self_service=no)

if we add the automated key and the extend value, we get:

automated=no (have to interact with a human to pay)

automated=yes (you can pay directly at the pump, it’s unknown if it’s alternatively possible to interact with a human to pay)

automated=only (you have to pay at the pump, no alternative exists. e.g. this would apply to the Costco petrol station near me)

automated=optional (you can pay at the pump, but it’s also possible to interact with a human to pay)

I do realize that the things you can express with this combination of self_service, full_service, and automated keys is somewhat different from the 6 variants presented by Paul below, but I think it’s the best that can be done when using the existing keys and a (hopefully somewhat logical) extension of the values.

Also, all 3 keys should allow the use of :conditional

If the possibilities expressed by these 3 keys is considered insufficient, then we’ll probably have to define some completely new key.

Cheers,

Thorsten