[Tagging] Route members: ordered or not

David Marchal Penegal at live.fr
Thu May 3 12:06:12 UTC 2018

Hello, there.

I recently worked a bit on hiking routes, and noticed that some routes have unordered members. That's particularly noticeable on waymarkedtrails.org, as it makes the elevation graph rubbish and useless. I read the relation:route wiki page, but there is only advice regarding stops order, and not way members order. Shouldn't there be a note on this page regarding the importance of sorting the ways to have a more useful relation than only spaghettis?

By the way, I saw some hiking relations having a node without explicit role, seemingly as a start point; is it a generally accepted, used feature, or only an idiosyncrasy?

Awaiting your answers,

Regards.