[Tagging] Route members: ordered or not

Michael Andersen osm at hjart.dk
Thu May 3 15:05:32 UTC 2018

I regularly edit a number of cycle routes (primarily the danish national
cycleroutes) and do my best to sort/order the members (it's helpfull when
looking for gaps and other peculiarities in JOSM), but have found that it's
often near impossible to make them perfectly sorted.

Consider for example https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/20828. Where's the
end points here?

Also note that inexperienced mappers doing minor edits somewhere along a route
cannot be expected to reorder it.