[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Walkingbus_stop

Johnparis okosm at johnfreed.com
Fri May 4 20:34:41 UTC 2018

PLEASE do NOT create a highway=walking_bus tag! This would be useful for
the Public Transport v1 scheme. Which hopefully will some year go away.

Please DO follow Thorsten's suggestion and follow PTv2, mapping the stops
as nodes alongside the street/way (not on it) in the proper direction. Tag
each one:
walking_bus=yes
public_transport=platform

If you don't know the side of the street (or it's irrelevant), you can
place the node in the street (as part of the way) and tag it with:
walking_bus=yes
public_transport=stop_position

I see that the route relation was discussed here in October 2016. If you
feel ambitious, you can go a step further and create route relations as
described under PTv2 using:
type=route
route=walking_bus

... and even create route_master relations:
type=route_master
route_master=walking_bus

In any case, please do not create a new highway tag. In hindsight those
were not the best way to go, but there are a million of them (for buses) so
they're not going away anytime soon.

Thanks,

John