[Tagging] tagging of one-way cycle lanes

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri May 11 09:57:23 UTC 2018

> Roads with a width less than 4.5m do not have lane markings. I live in a
> rural area where there are a lot of such roads and tag these using the
> width tag. I would only use lanes if there are painted lanes on the road.

i.e. you would remove lanes tags in cases where the markings have
disappeared due to missing maintenance? Would you split roads before
intersections to add lanes tags close to traffic lights where there are
markings, so you could remove the lanes tags from the parts where there
aren't? How long would you say a segment of missing markings has to be in
order to merit splitting the highway and removing the lanes tag?

Cheers,
Martin