[Tagging] tagging of one-way cycle lanes

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri May 11 11:44:52 UTC 2018

> I would tag that as:
>

> oneway=yes
>
> lanes=3
>
> lanes:psv=1
>
> vehicle:lanes=yes|yes|no
>
> psv:lanes=yes|yes|designated
>
> parking:lane:left=parallel
>
> parking:condition:left=ticket
>
> sidewalk=both
>

> This sign clearly defines how many lanes there are and that it’s a psv
> lane (not just a bus lane):
>

> https://www.google.com.au/maps/@41.8976885,12.4654864,
> 3a,17.5y,4.9h,90.2t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sPA9cA6SFCm4EvIHqGgo-
> -Q!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

while I would generally agree with the idea of having officially 3 lanes, I
would have thought that lanes would have to be painted on the road, not
just indicated by signs. If 3 vehicles drove side by side (which is the
typical situation there, not counting the psv lane), which one would be
"outside" the lanes?

> The road markings near the intersection also make it clear how many lanes
> there are :
>

> https://www.google.com.au/maps/@41.8994254,12.4643407,
> 3a,66.8y,356.59h,86.38t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sOEpzRTQFWoZi-4BndvycFg!2e0
>

> (the leftmost lane here was the parking lane, which is not included in
> lanes=x)

while I still agree, following this concept would mean to count lanes based
on situations somewhere else, not? What if the lane count changes between
the intersections (indeed happens), where would you split the highway if no
lanes are painted?

Cheers,
Martin