[Tagging] tagging of one-way cycle lanes

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Fri May 11 15:40:15 UTC 2018

On Fri, May 11, 2018, 01:56 <osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au> wrote:

> [...]

Why the almost religious doctrine level of resistance to change?  Even the
Linux kernel rewrites entire subsystems from time to time when a superior
approach comes around.

> Furthermore, I do not know anyone that, when shown this picture:
>

> https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-27.218495,153.0061827,3a,66.8y,204.86h,78.18t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s2DBegIPPNP78TmCjslUavA!2e0
>
> and asked, "is that a 2 lane or a 4 lane street" would say that it's a 4
> lane street.

That is a four lane street, the curb lanes are obviously bike lanes, even
without scrolling back to the intersection thanks to the shoulderline along
tbe curb and the narrow lane width.

Similar here:

> https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-27.2305921,153.0252325,3a,66.8y,285.94h,79.82t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sWt2KhVfIcF3-YzMzGE1xFQ!2e0
>
> Nobody I know would tell me that is a 3 lane road.

Correct, hard shoulder.