[Tagging] complete tagging of all 'right of way'-cases

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Sat May 12 21:27:21 UTC 2018

On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 3:08 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com
> wrote:

> sent from a phone
>
> > On 11. May 2018, at 04:01, Paul Johnson <baloo at ursamundi.org> wrote:
> >
> > Your from way would be the way those signs are facing, and the TO ways
> would be all the ways you would have to stop at the sign before proceeding
> to enter (ie, all of them except the way for the right turn).
>

> exactly, I thought you didn’t  need a “to” way like for turn restrictions
> because you will have to stop in any case or yield for any other way.
> I didn’t know there were jurisdictions where you didn’t have to stop at a
> stop sign when turning right (if I understood you correctly)

The US only does it when that sign explicitly stating you can.  Though, a
more complicated situation would be when this sign is present in France and
Belgium:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e6/Turn_right_on_red.JPG/1200px-Turn_right_on_red.JPG

Then, it doesn't matter what other traffic control is present, bicycles
turning right have a yield.