[Tagging] tagging of one-way cycle lanes

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Mon May 14 06:54:47 UTC 2018

14. May 2018 01:45 by ethnicfoodisgreat at gmail.com <mailto:ethnicfoodisgreat at gmail.com>:

>> Date: Sun, 13 May 2018 16:51:26 -0400
>> From: Bryan Housel <>> bryan at 7thposition.com <mailto:bryan at 7thposition.com>>> >
>> To: osm-tagging <>> tagging at openstreetmap.org <mailto:tagging at openstreetmap.org>>> >
>> Subject: Re: [Tagging] tagging of one-way cycle lanes
>>

>> [...]
>> It kind of makes one question whether a community edited wiki is a good way to standardize a tagging scheme intended to produce a coherant mapping dataset.  Bold suggestion: maybe the people who write the tools should just get together over beers and decide what all the tags should be.  I’ll buy!
>>

>> [...]

At least in part it an be easily done: whenever some tag is obviously a terrible idea from

perspective of using data document it on Wiki.

If some new tag is necessary - document it on Wiki (I did it, both from side of somebody using

OSM data and from side of mapper that is currently not using data).

If somebody is interested anybody may do this.