[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Walkingbus_stop

marc marc marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com
Fri May 18 22:19:18 UTC 2018

Le 18. 05. 18 à 17:14, Jo a écrit :

>     After the discussion about that a walking school bus is not a
>     public transport, so the proposal is to change the tag to amenity,
>     like for taxi rank.
>
>     https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Walkingbus_stop <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Walkingbus_stop>
>
> Do I understand correctly that you are not planning to map the itineraries?

I don't understand why it's not a PT.
Of course no vehicule is used.
but with some stop (including a pole and "people waiting there"),
timetable, itinery, and a "walk driver", imho it's the same as if was a
bus route.
Some use the word "pédibus" (pédi = by foot)

wiki said :
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:public_transport%3Dplatform
Use public_transport=platform to identify the places where passengers
wait for public transport of any type

imho I don't see why the place where 20 childeren waiting the "walk
driver" to travel with him is not a public_transport=platform
but the same passengers waiting at the same place for the same driver
with a bus is a valid public_transport=platform
the same apply to the route where a relation type=route route=foot
and all other PTv2 tag look like good imho.

Lorenzo wait more than one reply before changing the propal :)

Regards,
MArc