[Tagging] opening_hours:sign=no - RFC

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Tue May 22 23:30:49 UTC 2018

On 23/05/18 09:18, marc marc wrote:

> Le 23. 05. 18 à 01:03, Warin a écrit :
>> On 23/05/18 07:44, Mateusz Konieczny wrote:
>>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/opening_hours:sign%3Dno
>>>

>>> All comments are welcomed!
> the same as before :) unsigned key already exist and are in use by
> several app. what the added value to have another key (unsigned <> sign)
> for the same kind of feature ?

That key is for names .. not hours ... possible unsigned:opening_hours=yes would be applicable, and can be further applied to anything else?

>> Could not this information be included in the note tag?
> note is free text for mapper
> unsigned is also used by tools like http://qa.poole.ch/

I don't think any data consumer will use this information, so it is for the mapper .. so that fits in the note key. If may not be easy to automate it, but is that required?