[Tagging] opening_hours:sign=no - RFC

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Wed May 23 22:26:28 UTC 2018

On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 11:10 PM, Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefitz1 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> If I drive / walk past & see Papa Luigi's Pizza Shop, with no other info
> visible, I go home, search for Papa Luigi's in this suburb, & get their
> website, which gives you their phone number, opening hours, takeaway /
> delivery etc. If I'm feeling particularly enthusiastic :-), it will usually
> also tell me how many tables, indoor / outdoor & so on.

I tend to do it that way too.  It's time consuming to write down the
opening hours.  Getting close enough for a
readable photo makes people wondering why you're taking pictures of the
people inside.  And I usually have
to google to find out if there's a website to tag (mostly there is) so it's
a lot easier to also get opening
hours that way.   Sometimes they don't put opening hours on the web site
but  these days they usually do.
It's also often an easy way to get the phone number (not always on display)
and sometimes even the
number for the address (around here identifying one's house or business
with a house name or number
on the building itself seems optional).

> Isn't this the simplest way of finding missing info?

That's what I thought.  But apparently some people don't like doing it that
way or think it's more work.

--
Paul