[Tagging] 3d-tagging

Tom Pfeifer t.pfeifer at computer.org
Thu May 24 11:58:51 UTC 2018

On 24.05.2018 13:25, Stefan K. wrote:
> Sorry, more information needed :)
> Okay, i found https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Simple_3D_buildings ...
>
> I'm right now asking because i am wondering if there is a somehow "official" one.

"Official" is what is used by data consumers - this is the case for the simple scheme, as there are
3D renderer in the field.

> ... but for a castle entry, also
> tunnel=building_passage is needed. https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:tunnel

The 'simple 3D' tags are used in addition to the other tags like width and height, so you can keep
using the tunnel tag of course.

However please consider that 'simple' means it is not a fully fledged CAD system where you can
represent every little detail. It helps to show useful 3D-outlines of a town.

At some stage it might collide with the interest of Indoor mappers, who want to represent indoor
rooms and support indoor routing, most prominently in complex railway stations.

tom