[Tagging] roundtrip

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Fri May 25 09:58:13 UTC 2018

On Fri, May 25, 2018 at 6:48 AM, Peter Elderson <pelderson at gmail.com> wrote:

> The only use case I can imagine is when a roundtrip has one ore more
> access ways which are included in the route relation. But even then, what
> is the purpose?

I would say that roundtrip=yes on route A->B->A means that you can remain
on the bus at B and roundtrip=no means
that you are (officially) required to disembark.  I mention "officially"
because some drivers may permit some passengers
to remain on the bus.  If you are required to disembark at B, even if you
do not have to buy another ticket when you
get back on board, it's roundtrip=no.  It's not a matter of duration of the
stop at B, it's whether or not you can start at
A and return to A without leaving the bus.

--
Paul